The interview is a great opportunity for both the applicant and the company to get to know each other. Here are some tips to prepare you before, during and after the interview.
We take pride in being honest and open, and therefore we expect interviewees to be the same. Below you can read about our tips prior to attending the interview, during the interview and afterwards.
Everyone has talent. We want to know what your talent is since we strongly believe that you are able to develop yourself in an environment that you like and in a position that fits your talent. Therefore, take some time to think about yourself and your abilities before the interview.
Before going to the interview
Before the interview, take some time to think about what you can offer and how you can prove what you could do. A clear picture on what you have to offer makes it easier to assess where you would fit in the Skanska organization.
Some interview questions are common when applying for a job, not only within Skanska. Therefore, it might be good to consider how you might respond to the following questions:
- Why have you applied for a job here?
- What do you know of our business? Why do you like it?
- What qualities or skills do you have which make you suitable for the job?
- Can you give an example of when you worked in a team or lead one?
- Please tell me about a time when you were under great pressure? How did you cope? What was the outcome?
In the interview
- Show sincerity and enthusiasm. Talk openly and with enthusiasm about your acheivements.
- Try to describe specific achievements. Skanska interviewers like to know how you felt about a particular success or mistake. Some will ask for specific examples of things you've done that you are particularly proud of, how you solved problems, how you learned - and improved - from difficult situations.
- Don't try to answer a question that you may not understand. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you need it. Try to keep your answers relevant to the question.
- Feel free to bring any questions you might have about Skanska or the job.
- It's perfectly normal to be nervous! Don't be afraid to ask the interviewer about anything that you might need in order to calm the nerves. And remember - your interviewer has at one time or another been in the exact situation as you are now.
- And last but certainly not least: Don't forget to have fun and relax!
After the interview
Be prepared to wait for our recruiters to contact you.