Working in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council, we are delivering a highway maintenance and improvement service.
The 10-year contract maintains 2,800 miles of carriageway, 2,500 miles of footways and 1,000 structures.
- Provision of routine maintenance across the network
- Winter and severe weather response
- Incident response
- Vehicle maintenance (both Skanska and council vehicles)
- Design support for the council
- Asset, safety and congestion improvement schemes
Heritage and congestion improvements
The contract also includes the design and construction of a wide variety of projects. These include heritage schemes in the City of Oxford such as Frideswide Square, a new piazza with granite and York stone paving.
There are also congestion improvements at Milton interchange near Didcot, which involves the construction of a new bridge underneath the A34, while keeping the traffic moving.