- Faster and safer journeys from Helsinki to Lahti.
- The motorway supports 20,000 - 25,000 vehicles a day, up from 13,000 before it opened. The journey time has fallen from an hour and a half to less than an hour and the road has a great safety record.
- Enables commuters to achieve better quality of life.
- Fosters economic development in the whole region.
- Delivery 1 year earlier compared to contract.
Year-round maintenance keeps the road open in all weather.
The motorway will save society an estimated €20 - 30m in time and reduced accidents.
Young families and new businesses are settling along the route, attracted by a higher standard of living within easy travelling distance of Helsinki.
Road art at each exit of the five communities the motorway passes identifies the communities and makes the journey more enjoyable.