The second building is officially open. The third already rises above ground
18 months, which accounts for exactly 567 days, took the construction of the second building of Silesia Business Park complex developed in Katowice by Skanska Property Poland. The building was officially opened on the 25th of February. Its main tenant is Capgemini, one of the leading providers of IT, consultancy and outsourcing services. The event was combined with the cornerstone ceremony for Silesia Business Park C, the third out of four planned office buildings within the complex.
Silesia Business Park is being developed at Chorzowska Street in Katowice. Due to its unique elevation of black-white-brown horizontal stripes, the complex has already become a distinguishable location in Katowice and is commonly referred to as “tiramisu”. Following the official opening of building B and the cornerstone ceremony for building C, the project’s development entered a new phase.
The official opening ceremony of the second building of Silesia Business Park complex was attended by, among others, Bogumił Sobula – Vice-President of Katowice along with representatives from Skanska Property Poland and Skanska S.A. – the general contractor for the building - as well as Capgemini – the main tenant of building B.
“Silesia Business Park is a sign of positive changes that take place in Katowice. The city transformed from a post-industrial city to one of the fastest developing business centers in Poland. The success of our project is the best example that the city became a modern and full of life business and cultural center enticing modern companies as well as international investors”, says Mariusz Krzak, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland.
“Several years ago, this part of the city looked completely different. Nowadays, the results of the investor’s business decisions and the city’s consequent pro-investment policy are clearly visible. However, it is not only infrastructure but also new working places for several thousand young and qualified specialists selecting Katowice as a place to live. They are able to find work in the city as well as convenient conditions for living, having a family, raising their children and spending their leisure time”, says Bogumił Sobula, Vice-President of Katowice.
Two first buildings of the complex have already found prestigious tenants. Silesia Business Park A is almost entirely leased and its main tenant is PwC. The main tenant of building B is Capgemini, which celebrates its 20th anniversary of business activity in Poland this year. The specialization of its Katowice-based center is management of IT infrastructure as well as business services for global clients.
“Establishing our office in Silesia Business Park allows us to realize our ambitious goals for the center’s development and provides our employees with the highest comfort of work. Currently, we employ over 150 specialists in Katowice and we are one of the biggest employers from the business services sector within the region. The expansion of Capgemini in Katowice excellently fits in with the evolution of the city, which enhances its business attractiveness year by year”, indicates Marcin Nowak, Delivery Centre Director, Infrastructure Services Eastern Europe, Capgemini.
According to scheduled plans, the third building of the complex will be commissioned for use in Q4 2016.
Silesia Business Park – key facts and numbers:
- Ultimately, the complex will comprise four, twin-like office buildings.
- Leasable space of each building will total 12 000 sqm.
- The elevation of each building comprises 26 stripes: 13 black, 5 golden, 8 white.
- The construction works for building B took 567 days, which accounts for 18 months, that is 13,608 hours.
- The height of each building from the garage level is 52 meters.
- The montage of the pre-fabricated part involved 1,200 elements, including pillars, beams, pre-fabricated slabs.
- The elevation of each building consists of nearly 8,500 sqm of either glass and aluminum or euronit façade.
- Each building of the complex will be LEED GOLD certified.
- The architectural design was created in medusa group studio.
- The main tenant of the building B is Capgemini. The building’s main contractor is Skanska S.A. while Skanska Property Poland is responsible for its commercialization.