Residents of Poznan can already admire the Maraton office building developed by Skanska Property Poland on Królowej Jadwigi Street. This modern office project comprising six floors above ground has just reached its planned height for phase I of the project. On Thursday, a symbolic topping out ceremony, where the last piece of a building is put into place, was held on the rooftop of the Maraton building.
The topping out ceremony was attended by representatives of the project’s tenants, its developer as well as construction workers from Skanska S.A., the building’s general contractor. Maraton is being developed with a focus on investors who have committed their future to Poznan and, as a result, representatives from Poznan's Investor Assistance Department were invited as special guests. The building has attracted a great deal of interest from prospective tenants. Its advantages have already been recognized by companies from the business services sector. Thanks to agreements for office space signed by three tenants - Duni European Finance Function, Bridgestone and APS, the project is already 25% commercialized.
“Nearly 14 months ago we celebrated the commencement of the project's construction works. Today, construction of the building’s phase I is now complete. We are convinced that after completion, Maraton will play an important role in Poznan's future progress. We believe it will encourage the development of both young people and the city itself, which is currently one of the most economically robust areas of Poland. While designing Maraton we focused mainly on the quality of the working environment as well as the comfort of the people working there. Our building will combine an excellently located business center with popular restaurants and stylish stores. The project will be a significant addition to Poznan's urban life”, says Łukasz Kaleciński, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Maraton is located in the city center and will have a total leasable space of 25 000 sq m. An important advantage of the project will be a grassed patio complete with fountains available to the public as well as grassed terraces on its rooftop. Construction works are on track with its completion scheduled for the end of 2016. Currently, the development works has entered a new phase with the installation of the building’s elevation.
Maraton – key facts and numbers:
- Leasable space – 25 000 sqm.
- Available parking places – 300.
- Available bicycle racks – 187.
- The contour of the old Poznan Fortress fortification, discovered during the development works, will be outlined on a patio that the general public will have access to.
- The office building will be LEED Gold certified.
- Green solutions will mean that energy consumption will be lower by at least 25% and water consumption by 45% when compared to local norms.
- The project’s office space tenants include APS, Bridgestone and Duni EFF. The scheme’s general contractor is Skanska S.A. The architectural design was prepared by CDF Architekci studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.