Further companies will soon relocate into Silesia Business Park, an office complex developed by Skanska Property Poland at Chorzowska Street in Katowice. Navo Orbico and Distribev Orbico, both part of international Orbico Group as well as KSP Legal & Tax Advice firm will occupy in total over 3,200 sqm of office space within the project’s building B, which will serve as the work location for nearly 450 specialists.
New tenants will join Capgemini, which moved into Silesia Business Park B in 2016 and occupies half of leasable space. Two companies from Orbico Group, international distributor of numerous known brands from the FMCG market, decided to relocate into the modern office complex. Both Navo Orbico and Distribev Orbico will move into the building in August 2016. In total, the units will occupy nearly 2,700 sqm of space providing working places for 350 specialists.
– The decision to locate our two previously working separately teams within one place is part of Orbico Group’s strategic plans regarding its business development in Poland. Orbico Group is a leading European distributor within the FCMG industry. Therefore, the achieved synergy, recognizable location and modern interiors will provide us with convenient conditions for business development – claims Roman Gajczewski, Vice-President at Navo Orbico and Distribev Orbico.
Afterwards, in November 2016, the tenants of building B will be joined by KSP Legal & Tax Advice, one of the most dynamically developing legal firms in the Silesian region. The firm has been providing services for both Polish and foreign businesses locating their capital in the Southern part of Poland for many years now. Its office will be located on the 4th floor of building B and will occupy 500 sqm of space.
– We are very happy of our new office due to the fact that we have been looking for a long time for a location that would fully meet our needs in Katowice. While selecting Silesia Business Park as our office, we focused on modern office space as well as distinctive business environment. Along with increasing our office, we are also planning to increase our teams working within our real estate, tax and public auction departments. We chose a location that will provide us with even better accessibility and allow us to build more convenient relations with clients within the region – claims Magdalena Patryas, Managing Partner at KSP legal firm.
Thanks to new office lease agreements building B of Silesia Business Park located at Chorzowska Street in Katowice is already commercialized in 80%.
– Katowice is a city highly underrated by many Poles. Notwithstanding, investors’ trust is the best evidence for the fact that this region has a bright future ahead. Currently, it is one of the most economically strongest regions of Poland and remains especially attractive for the business services sector. Its advantages include human potential – there are over 100,000 students in Katowice who will soon enter the labor market. Up to 98% of them are fluent in foreign languages and this comprises an enormous potential enticing both Polish and foreign investors who are able to successfully conduct their business within the city – claims Ewelina Kałużna, Leasing & Asset Management Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Katowice is one of the most prospective and most dynamically developing office markets in Poland. The city is especially attractive for outsourcing companies. According to ABSL, between 2013 and 2015 alone, the business services sector grew by 40% in the Katowice Agglomeration, which is one of the best results recorded in Poland. Katowice is the fifth city in Europe in terms of strategies for enticing foreign direct investments exceeded only by cities such as Manchester, Glasgow, Munich and Lyon.
Silesia Business Park is a modern office complex distinguished by its remarkable architecture. The buildings’ elevation consists of characteristic, tri-colored horizontal stripes thanks to which the complex has been unofficially renamed “tiramisu” by its residents. Due to green solutions implemented within its buildings, Silesia Business Park provides healthy and productive space for work. The official opening ceremony of building B was held in February 2016. Currently, development works on building C, the third part of the complex, are carried out. Its opening is scheduled on Q4 2016.
Silesia Business Park – key facts and numbers:
- Ultimately, the complex will consist of four, twin-like office buildings.
- Leasable space within each building will amount to 12,000 sqm.
- Elevation of each building will consist of 26 stripes – 13 black, five golden and eight white.
- The height of each building from the garage level is 52 m.
- Each building of Silesia Business Park will be LEED Gold certified.
- In October 2015, buildings A and B were purchased by a fund managed by Swedish investor Niam. The transaction on four buildings – two in Katowice and two in Kraków (Axis and Kapelanka 42) – was the biggest transaction concluded on the office market in Central and Eastern Europe in 2015 as well as the biggest deal in the history of Skanska’s operation within the region.
- The architectural design was created by medusa group studio.
 FDi European Cities and Regions of the Future 2016/17