CenturyLink, an outsourcing center for an American telecommunications giant, is to relocate to Maraton, an office building developed by Skanska in Poznań, in September. REHAU Business Services, the captive business service center of the polymer solutions company, will launch its European business service center in Maraton, in November. CenturyLink was advised on the deal by Knight Frank while REHAU was represented by the advisory firm JLL.
CenturyLink is the fourth company from the business services sector to decide on leasing office space in Maraton. The Poznań-based unit is the company’s only department offering contact with clients in 12 languages. CenturyLink will occupy over 960 sqm in the complex from September 2016.
- The Maraton building was love at first sight. High standards paired with great functionality and perfect location! CenturyLink had always its office in the heart of the city but with the move to Maraton we are able to provide more amenities to our current and future employees. We are delighted that already in September we can move to our new office - says Tim Oldenburg, Operations Director for CenturyLink in Poland.
CenturyLink was advised on the lease transaction by the advisory firm Knight Frank.
- CenturyLink, like many of today’s tenants, were searching for a building which gave them an advantage in the war for talent; enabling them to attract and retain the best workers, thus minimising staff turnover. The high standard of the building, combined with the great location in the heart of the city, provided them with the ideal solution - says Karolina Wilczak – Łuczyńska, Associate Director, Tenant Representation at Knight Frank.
REHAU Business Services will relocate to Maraton in November. The newly founded company is the first European business service center of REHAU Group. REHAU is one of the leading suppliers of products and fixed system solutions for the construction, automotive, furniture and manufacture industries. In Maraton, the company will launch its first European business services center for Finance & Marketing services in Poland, leasing in a first step 700 sqm of space.
- Although REHAU has a long history in Poznań, REHAU Business Services is a new entrant in the local SSC/BPO market. Therefore, we were looking for an attractive, high quality location in the city center, which also allows flexibility in the setup of the office and possible expansion options – says Felix Ramaekers, Managing Director REHAU Business Services Sp. z o.o.
International advisory firm JLL represented REHAU Business Services during the selection of the location and negotiation of lease terms.
– Due to ongoing recruitment processes for its newly-established shared services centre, REHAU was searching for a conveniently located and well-designed office space that would provide its employees with the highest comfort and serve as the company’s head office in Poland. Maraton met all of these requirements – comments Edyta Pietranis, Consultant at Tenant Representation Department at JLL.
The commercialization level in Maraton is currently over 53%.
– We are sure that Maraton will help our tenants to recruit some of the most talented people in Poznań. Working in an office which has a vibrant atmosphere, modern solutions and is aesthetically pleasing are all advantages that can attract prospective employees to Maraton. These two new lease agreements, signed six months prior to the building’s delivery to market, illustrates Maraton's attractiveness to companies of different profiles who are willing to develop their businesses in Poznań and Poland - says Ewelina Kałużna, Leasing and Asset Management Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Maraton is located in the heart of Poznań and will provide 25 000 sqm of space. The building will consist of six floors above ground and two below with over 300 parking places. Furthermore, an important advantage of the project will be its connection to the history of Poznań. The outline of the old Poznań Fortress will be indicated on Maraton's patio that will be open to the public. The completion of Maraton is scheduled for Q4 2016.
Maraton – key facts and numbers:
- Leasable space – 25 000 sqm
- Available parking places – 300
- Available bicycle racks – 187
- The office building will be LEED Gold certified.
- The project’s other tenants include Duni European Finance Function – a unit specializing in providing services in the areas of finance and accounting, Bridgestone – an international manufacturer of tires and rubber products as well as APS, a unit belonging to Bertelsmann Media Sp. z o.o.
- The scheme’s general contractor is Skanska S.A. The architectural design was prepared by CDF Architekci studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.