A sound foundation, people and modernity are the elements which will constitute the basis for a Skanska investment in the capital of Lower Silesia. An unusual time capsule, laid today under the building of Green2Day along with a cornerstone, consisted of e.g. videos with utterances of the participants of the event. From one hand, they referred to the history and the memories from the place of the building, and from the other – to the vision of its future. This was the celebration of the fifth Skanska office complex in Wrocław.
The capital of Lower Silesia will be soon enriched with another modern office building. Green2Day by Skanska is being built in the very heart of the city, at Szczytnicka Street. It is an answer to the continuously growing demand of the companies developing in the region, operating in e.g. modern services and IT. The city owes its dynamic development mainly to the talented employees, who come from the biggest number of IT, finances and accounting students in the country.
– Green2Day is a modern office building which will offer the employees sunny interiors, a space facilitating creativity, a green patio and a timeless, elegant and harmonic architecture – claims Mariusz Krzak, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Together with Green Day, its predecessor, the office building is situated in one of the most attractive parts of the centre of Wrocław – between a botanical garden, historic Ostrów Tumski and Grunwaldzki Square. It is a place created with all citizens of Wrocław in mind. Along with its neighbour, the new building will complement the walking area, which connects Tołpy park and a shore of the Oder.
Green2Day will be an object offering interactive amenities, where generally available Wi-Fi and tablets with touch screens will constitute an up-to-date source of information. Modern technologies “penetrated” the time capsule laid into the foundation of the building on 6 September.
Green2Day – key facts and numbers:
The building will offer 17,000 sq. m. of a modern office space and 232 parking spots.
- Planned commissioning: Q4 2017.
- The project will consists of seven overground floors and two underground floors.
- The building will be certified in the LEED system at the Gold level.
- Maćków Pracownia Projektowa has developed the architectural design.
- Skanska S.A. is the main contractor. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the commercialisation of the project.