Altium, an Australian owned international IT company, will launch its first office in Poland. The company selected Silesia Business Park office complex in Katowice for its Poland-based operations . Altium has leased nearly 770 sqm of office space in the complex developed by Skanska Property Poland.
Altium is a global leader in the area of electronic design software for engineers. With branches in Karlsruhe (Germany), Amersfoort (the Netherlands) and Kiev (Ukraine), the establishment of the company's operations in Poland further increases Altium's presence in Europe. The new tenant will move into building B of Silesia Business Park in October 2016. Its 'office neighbors' will include Capgemini and two units from Orbico Group.
- Silesia Business Park is becoming a place where numerous international players have placed their trust in Katowice by leasing space in the city. A number of international companies from the IT industry, a consulting firm and a well-known distributor from the FCMG branch will be located in one complex. The selection of Poland and Katowice by Altium illustrates the city's increasing importance in the IT sector. We are sure that the specialists employed by our new tenant will find working in our investment a very comfortable experience – says Tomasz Zydorek, leasing negotiator at Skanska Property Poland.
Silesia Business Park complex, because of its façade of black, gold and brown stripes, is called the “tiramisu” by the city's residents. Three esthetically pleasing office buildings – out of the four planned - are located in close proximity to the city centre. The reduction in the number of pillars used in the buildings’ construction allows for the office space to enjoy increased natural daylight as well as flexibility in office arrangement. The building's efficient air conditioning is also an important factor, allowing tenants to ramp up operations without it having a detrimental effect on employee comfort. All of these factors are important in today's fierce competition for specialists who are increasingly looking for innovative, flexible and comfortable working conditions.
After the Altium move, building B of Silesia Business Park will be 82% commercialized. Construction works on building C are well underway, with their finish scheduled for Q4 2016.
Silesia Business Park – key facts and numbers:
- The complex will ultimately consist of two pairs of twin-like office buildings.
- Leasable space in each building will amount to 12,000 sqm.
- The elevation of each building will consist of 26 stripes – 13 black, five gold and eight white.
- The height of each building from garage level is 52 m.
- Each building of Silesia Business Park will be LEED Gold certified.
- In October 2015, buildings A and B were purchased by a fund managed by Swedish investor Niam. This transaction of four buildings – two in Katowice and two in Kraków (Axis and Kapelanka 42) – was the biggest transaction concluded on the office market in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) in 2015 as well as the biggest deal in the history of Skanska’s operation in CEE.
- The architectural design was created by the medusa group studio.
- The general contractor is Skanska S.A. while Skanska Property Poland is responsible for commercialization of the complex.