ROCKWOOL will locate its competence centre in Maraton, an office building developed in the centre of Poznań by Skanska. The company, although a newcomer to Poznań market is growing quickly and will soon expand its current team from 35 specialists to 135 employees. With this in mind, ROCKWOOL will lease 1 546 sqm of modern office space, joining six other companies from the business services sector, which already decided to move to Maraton. ROCKWOOL was represented by the advisory firm JLL.
ROCKWOOL, the world’s leader in stone wool solutions, employing over 10,600 specialists in 35 countries, will move to Maraton, located on Królowej Jadwigi Street at the beginning of 2017. The company will locate its competence centre providing services in the areas of Finance, IT and other business services.
- When taking a decision about opening a competence centre we looked for location that would be culturally close to our company and guarantee availability of skilled employees. Poznań proved to be a place that has the dynamics and energy of a modern European city. The Maraton office building, located in the very heart, allows us to feel part of the city's vibrant atmosphere and provides us with high-quality office space for our newly hired specialists. Such a combination of factors was of crucial importance for us when deciding to move here – underlines Dick Snellenberg, Finance Director in ROCKWOOL.
ROCKWOOL plans to move into Maraton at the beginning of March 2017. After the lease agreement with ROCKWOOL, Maraton is now already over 50% leased. ROCKWOOL was represented by the advisory firm JLL.
- Central localization, premium quality solutions, possibility of expansion, as well as Skanska’s experience in cooperation with companies from the business services sector – these are just some of the reasons why ROCKWOOL chose Maraton office building – lists Karolina Adamiak, Consultant in Office Agency Tenant Representation Team, JLL.
Maraton is a building especially favored by companies from the business services sector – firms such as Duni European Finance Function, Bridgestone EBS, APS, CenturyLink and REHAU Business Services have already signed lease agreements.
- We see that the building's concept as a location that is always up-to-date is becoming more and more recognized by prospective tenants. Companies such as ROCKWOOL are looking for offices that can be easily and quickly adjusted to the constantly changing market trends and the preferences of young talents. Maraton offers even more – it will be an object fully accessible for people with disabilities. We want to be sure that our buildings respond to the requirements of all employee groups – says Ewelina Kałużna, Leasing and Asset Management Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Maraton reflects the architecture of the Academy of Physical Education, an icon of Modernism in Poznań, and is located in close proximity to four parks, Dworzec Główny railway station, the Old Square and Stary Browar. It is equipped with numerous green solutions that will be recognized with LEED Gold certification. As a result, employees can count on working in spacious, sunny offices with an optimal temperature in both summer and winter. The project’s other important advantages also include a publicly available patio with a fountain and green terraces on the roof providing the opportunity to work. In the services section, located on the building’s ground floor, employees will be able to do a spot of shopping, eat lunch and use the other available services. The building will soon be 100% completed and delivered to market
Maraton joins Malta House, as Skanska Property Poland's second investment in Poznań.
Maraton – key facts and numbers:
- Leasable space – 25,000 sqm
- Available parking places – 300.
- Available bicycle racks – 187.
- The office building will be LEED Gold certified.
- The project’s other tenants include Duni European Finance Function, Bridgestone EBS, APS, CenturyLink and REHAU Business Services.
- The scheme’s general contractor is Skanska S.A. The architectural design was prepared by CDF Architekci studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.