A chill room with a games console, mini fitness zone and comfortable places to sit; coffee points, sofas and hot desks – these will all be included in Sii's new office located in the Maraton office building in Poznań. “We are planning our very own Silicon Valley here on Królowej Jadwigi Street” – says Natalia Buczel, Branch Director at Sii Poznań. The company has leased over 3,400 sqm of space from Skanska in order to design an office for both its current team and 200 new specialists who will be employed by the end of 2018.
Sii, a leader among providers of IT services and industrial engineering in Poland, is planning to relocate to its new office in January 2017. The recruitment process is already in motion.
- We want to double the number of our employees. This means that our team will consist of 400 specialists by the end of 2018. It is an enormous challenge to make everyone’s work comfortable – especially if we are looking for people with different profiles from IT specialists to those who come from the humanities. Therefore, our approach towards the selection and arrangement of our new location was very thorough and included a great deal of imagination. We designed different zones encouraging both team and individualistic work. People who are working remotely on a daily basis will be able to use 'hot desks'. Furthermore, our specialists will be given an opportunity to rest up with a cup of coffee or relax in specially designed chill-out zones. They will be able to have lunch in a kitchen designed to resemble a café or on a terrace with a view of the city. In addition, we are also planning to organize team-building events on the building’s roof, which has been made available to Maraton’s tenants. Our team members will be able to get home easily as the building is well-served by public transport. If they wish, they can spend their leisure time and hours after work in the nearby Stary Browar, cinema or gym – comments Natalia Buczel, Branch Director at Sii Poznań.
While selecting Sii's workplace arrangement based on different activity zones, Sii is in step with the office market’s newest global trends. Modern companies in Poland also decide more often on an office arrangement with a focus on employee comfort. A good example of this is Colliers' office or the office of Skanska Property Poland, both located in Warsaw.
- Such flexible workplace arrangements encourage team integration and knowledge exchange as well as the positive impact on employee well-being. We ought to remember that nearly 80% of ideas are conceived among colleagues outside of the formal 'office desk' environment. This is confirmed by research conducted by The Harvard Business Review, which says that spontaneous meetings on a company premises enhance business effectiveness. Employee productivity is also influenced by the working environment, understood as an office with suitable temperatures, room acoustics and excellent access to natural daylight. Sii’s employees can be sure that their new office will provide such conditions – explains Ewelina Kałużna, Leasing and Asset Management Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Sii has announced new working places in Maraton for Java programmers as well as .NET, Front-end, BI, ETL, manual testers and employees with experience in test automation as well as Application Support Specialists and Project Managers. People with no experience in IT, with an education in humanities and proficiency in English will be welcomed as well. Candidates with proficiency in German can also count on interesting job opportunities. The company has announced training for new employees and prospects for their development in the company. By the end of January 2017, Sii is planning to hold an “open door” initiative in order to invite all candidates to visit the company’s office in Maraton office building.
Colliers International agency supported Sii in the process of searching for new office space.
Maraton – key facts and numbers:
- Leasable space – 25,000 sqm
- Available parking places – 300.
- Available bicycle racks – 187.
- The office building will be LEED Gold certified.
- The project’s other tenants include Duni European Finance Function, Bridgestone EBS, APS, Century Link, REHAU Business Services
- The scheme’s general contractor is Skanska S.A. The architectural design was prepared by CDF Architekci studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.