Skanska has sold Atrium 2 to HANSAINVEST Hanseatische Investment-GmbH, one of the largest investment companies in Germany. Intimate office project, located near the ONZ roundabout, has three office tenants – Credit Suisse, DLA Piper and Bravura Solutions.
Atrium 2 is Skanska’s eighth and newest investment to be developed in the business center of Warsaw.
- The center of Warsaw, where we mainly operate in, is witnessing more and more new office buildings coming to market. Skanska is the biggest developer in this part of Warsaw – since 1995 we have developed approx. 135,000 sqm. Atrium 2 is a more intimate project, with standards and aesthetics equal to that of any Class A building in Europe. From project to project we set the bar higher and always try to be a few steps ahead of the market – we look to build in an innovative way and to better understand peoples’ needs in terms of working space and a building's surroundings – comments Arkadiusz Rudzki, Managing Director at Skanska Property Poland.
With Atrium 2 we are able to further diversify our real assets portfolio. It is our first investment in Poland and we are looking forward to investing even more in this exciting market – adds Nicholas Brinckmann, Managing Director of HANSAINVEST.
Located in the very heart of Warsaw's business district and in close proximity to ONZ roundabout, Atrium 2 is the symbol of a new and distinctive type of architecture in this part of the city. In accordance with the increasingly popular Warsaw trend, Skanska took meticulous care in shaping the building’s surroundings. An esthetic space with urban furniture along with a green square, where food trucks can stop nearby, as well as a colorful, multi-format mural entitled “Sustainable city” have both been developed in the vicinity of Atrium 2. Skanska is also planning to re-vitalize, with the co-operation of local residents, the adjacent passage along Ciepła street and engage in the development of a social square on Krochmalna street. Atrium 2 also comprises a new approach to Skanska’s social responsibility. The building was recognized with a Warsaw Investment without Barriers” award at the 21st Great Gala of Integration event. Currently, Skanska, in cooperation with the Integracja Foundation, is creating a completely new standard of buildings and will apply for a certificate of "Building without barriers" for all of its investments in progress and those that are planned for the future. They will be fully adjusted to people with disabilities, the elderly as well as parents with small children.
During the sales process, HANSAINVEST Hanseatische Investment-GmbH was advised by MF Capital, JLL acted as the exclusive agent for Skanska. Legal advisers for the transaction were Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak for the purchaser and Dentons for the seller.
Atrium 2 – key facts and numbers:
- The building’s architecture refers to the Modernism period – the motif of the renowned, Warsaw’s Modernism mosaics – the so-called “Warsaw’s corsets” - was incorporated into the project’s elevation.
- Overall leasable space totals 20,000 sqm.
- Atrium 2 comprises 15 floors above ground and four below.
- There are 78 loggias at the tenants’ disposal.
- The building offers 126 parking places and 40 bicycle racks.
- The project will be LEED Platinum certified.
- Warsaw-based PRC Architekci studio is the author of its architectural design.
- The general contractor for Atrium is Skanska S.A.
- Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.