Skanska has selected the medusa group – one of the most well-known architectural studios in Poland – with the design of its first office project in Tri-City. The building will be an example of simple and modern architecture adjusted to the character and changing needs of Gdańsk. “A common theme in all of our previous projects, developed by Skanska, is their universal and timeless character. We will aim at developing a similar concept in Gdańsk” – says Przemo Łukasik from the medusa group.
Skanska’s office will be developed in the very heart of Gdańsk's business district, opposite the campus of the University of Gdańsk.
- This complex of office buildings on Grunwaldzka Street is very well-located. The area is well-served by public transportation with one of Tri-City's major arteries linking three urban centres and the Fast City Rail line. The task which Skanska has assigned us with is to implement a new frontage. Ultimately, its aim is to create an interesting public space and launch the transformation processes of an area which will soon be enriched with modern, eye-catching buildings – explains Przemo Łukasik.
For Skanska, this will be the first office investment in the Tri-City. Furthermore, it will be the first architectural project by the medusa group in Gdańsk. The group of architects from the Silesian region has been cooperating with Skanska for almost 10 years. The project will be the eighth architectural enterprise that Skanska and medusa have cooperated on. Their portfolio of cooperation includes Green Horizon in Łódź, Kapelanka 42 in Kraków, Dominikański in Wrocław, where the studio also incorporated a Baroque palace, Nowa Fabryczna currently under development in Łódź as well as Silesia Business Park in Katowice – regarded as one of the most interesting complexes in Poland.
- Together with the medusa group, we have designed over 200,000 sqm of modern office space. This is equivalent to nearly half of the office space available in Gdańsk. We understand each other and have a similar approach towards a building's functionality and design. Projects developed by medusa are compliant with our concept of creating universal and timeless spaces. Furthermore, they perfectly fit in with the aesthetics of the towns where they are developed. They also suit our business partners. We know that Gdańsk needs high-quality offices for large companies. Therefore, we want our project to meet this demand - comments Łukasz Kaleciński, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Apart from office projects, the medusa group is also the creator of numerous interesting architectural ideas – including the revitalization plans for Krystyna shaft, one of the seven architectural miracles in the Upper Silesia region.
Additional information about the planned investment:
- The investment will be developed on Grunwaldzka 343-345 Street, on a land plot of approx. 9,000 sqm.
- Total GLA will total approx. 42,000 sqm.
- Preparation works on the plot will be launched in mid-2017.
- The building will be LEED certified.
- Skanska S.A. is the general contractor for the project. Medusa group architectural studio is responsible for its architectural design while Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.