The largest ABB’s Global Business Services centre will soon be operating in Kraków. The company, a leader in power and automation technologies, has selected the Axis office building developed by Skanska Property Poland in close proximity to the Mogilskie roundabout. ABB has already started relocation process to its new office.
Over 900 employees, previously operating in different locations throughout Kraków, will relocate to Axis during the first phase. Eventually, the ABB Centre will employ up to 2,000 specialists who will provide services in areas including finances, Supply Chain Management, IT and HR. In December, Skanska received an occupancy permit for Axis. Skanska office building with ABB logo, an unique architecture and white facade stands out from the surrounding, creating a new aesthetic quality on the map of Krakow.
- The relocation of such a large team into a new office building comprises a great logistical and educational challenge. This is something we already have great experience in although it still needs to be managed in the proper way. Therefore, we wanted to support ABB’s HR team and share our experience with them –- comments Mariusz Krzak, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland. Furthermore, he adds that in such moments it is of the utmost importance to “learn about” the new place. – While relocating a tenant into a new space, it is best to adopt the role of a host. We introduce employees to modern functions available in the building and show them the surrounding areas. We would like them to get to know their new office as soon as possible – adds Mariusz Krzak.
Together with ABB, Skanska is working on an information package on the building itself along with urban communication , entertainment and restaurants available in the surrounding area. During the first relocation period, specialists from ABB will be welcomed with warm tea and coffee on a daily basis.
- This will be a completely new business and social space in Kraków. There will be 2,000 high-class specialists working in Axis alone. We have focused primarily on providing comfortable working conditions and a space that encourages the development of a community of talents that fits in perfectly with the new strategy of the ABB Group - Workplace 2020 – comments Janusz Machnicki, Country Real Estate Manager at ABB Poland. – The relocation will be a complex operation. We aim to combine 5 of our previous locations and, therefore, integrate our staff into one, international team. Thanks to the cooperation with Skanska regarding the shape of our new office and early installation of ABB intelligent building automation systems, we know that we are well-prepared for this – adds Janusz Machnicki.
Soon, the investment’s surroundings will undergo changes as well. Skanska, as part of the “Superpath” project, will conduct the revitalization of the Marian Eile Square, adjacent to Axis, and the development of street furniture objects and greenery.
Without a doubt, Axis is a symbol of Skanska’s success in the office real estate sector. The project obtained its main tenant, who will occupy 100% of available leasable space, over a year ago. Furthermore, it was sold to a fund managed by Swedish investor Niam as part of Skanska’s first portfolio sales transaction. Axis is one of three office investments in the Małopolska region's capital. Kapelanka 42 was the company's first project. Skanska is also developing High5ive, which will be an office park and a catalyst for further development in the centre of Kraków.
Axis: key facts and numbers
- Total leasable space in Axis: 20,000 sqm GLA
- The complex provides 174 parking places and 102 bicycle racks for cyclists.
- Certification: LEED Gold Shell & Core
- Skanska S.A. is the general contractor for Axis. The architectural project was designed by Artur Jasiński i Wspólnicy Biuro Architektoniczne studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for its commercialization.
- Currently, the building belongs to a fund managed by Swedish investor Niam.