The three biggest classified platforms in Poland will relocate to Maraton office building in Poznań in mid- 2017. OLX, OTOMOTO and Otodom platforms, all part of the Naspers group, have leased nearly 5,000 sqm of office space in Skanska Property Poland’s newest office investment in Wielkopolska region's capital city.
Maraton office building, located in the very heart of Poznań, is one of the newest and most modern office projects in the city. Employers primarily recognize the investment for its prestigious location which is in close proximity to four parks, Dworzec Główny station, the Old Market and Stary Browar.
- We needed a spacious and modern office located in the centre of the city. Our team currently consists of 200 employees and we continue to rapidly expand. Therefore, we were looking for a location that could adjust to our needs, not only in terms of available square meters but also with the needs of our employees. We need space for creative work, discussions, meet-ups with programmers, meetings with users during tests and zones where one can simply talk on the phone in peace. In Maraton, we will create a unique place to work. Our aim is to bring innovation to our working environment and match the expectations of our employees. What is of the utmost importance for us is not only the building’s interior but also its surroundings, proximity to recreational spaces and convenient access for bicycles – comments Marcin Urbańczyk, Managing Director at OLX Group.
The building is equipped with numerous green, innovative solutions including a patio with a fountain as well as green terraces on its rooftop, which provide the opportunity to work outdoors. Furthermore, Maraton also offers a developed infrastructure for cyclists – bicycle racks, locker rooms with shower cubicles and, in addition, charging stations for electrical cars implemented located in the bulding's underground parking lot.
- Currently, Maraton is one of the most attractive places to work in Poznań. It perfectly fits in with the needs of employers who understand that modern, sustainable office space and excellent location are extremely impoortant for maintaining a comfortable working environment. This is why Maraton is much more than an office building – it is a place which supports companies in crucial business processes – comments Ewelina Kałużna, Leasing and Asset Management Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Furthermore, another attribute of the project is its connection with history. Skanska, during the development stage, secured a fragment of a 19th century wall of Poznań Fortress. A section of the wall can be seen from the building’s patio. Maraton’s tenants already include companies such as ROCKWOOL GBSC, Sii, APS, Bridgestone EBS, Century Link, Duni European Finance Function and REHAU Business Services. OLX Group will relocate to Maraton in June 2017.
Maraton – key facts and numbers:
- Leasable space – 25,000 sqm
- Available parking places – 300.
- Available bicycle racks – 138.
- The office building will be LEED Gold certified.
- The project’s sports-related name was inspired by Maratońska Street as well as its close proximity to numerous sports arenas, including the legendary club KS Warta Poznań and Poznań Sports and Recreation Centre.
- The scheme’s general contractor is Skanska S.A. The architectural design was prepared by CDF Architekci studio. Skanska Property Poland is responsible for the building’s commercialization.