Nowy Rynek will be developed on an area formerly occupied by a PKS station
Skanska has launched the construction works of the Nowy Rynek office project. The investment will help to redefine an important part of Poznan. A new city quarter, together with a market located in a complex of multi-functional buildings, will be developed on an area of 3.8 ha on the crossroads of Matyi and Wierzbięcice Streets. Furthermore, it will constitute one of the biggest urban enterprises in the history of Poznan as well as being Skanska's most complex developer project to date in Poland. During the first phase of construction works, the company will develop an office building offering 25,000 sqm of modern space.
Poznan is one of the fastest developing markets for the business services sector and the fourth strongest metropolitan economy in Poland. Furthermore, it is one of the highest-ranking regional cities for the standard of living.
A favorable investment climate combined with Skanska’s previously positive experiences in Poznan has encouraged the company to launch its most complex developer project to date.
- This is an extraordinary project and its construction will significantly change this part of Poznan. Nowy Rynek will fill the void, currently located in the center of the city, with multifunctional buildings that will give the area a completely new look and purpose. This project is a response to the different needs of a modern city – it combines business and housing with communal functionality. Judging from Skanska's past projects, the investment will be characterized by a uniquely high standard of architecture. We have, and intend to take, the opportunity to breathe new life into some areas of our city. I am happy that such a project, which understands and appreciates Poznan's potential, is being undertaken by such a well-known and reputable developer as Skanska – says Jacek Jaśkowiak, Mayor of Poznan.
Nowy Rynek will, apart from office space, provide an urban space ideal for informal business meetings as well as providing entertainment for residents and tourists alike.
– Nowy Rynek is a truly remarkable project. Several thousand people will be either visiting or passing through on a daily basis. Residents of Poznan will work here during the day and meet at the cafés located in this completely new urban market after working hours. Thanks to our co-operation with city officials, we are developing a new area for the city of Poznan and wish to provide its residents with an opportunity to use it in a range of different ways – comments Arkadiusz Rudzki, Managing Director at Skanska’s office unit.
– As a construction and developer company, we have been a part of Poznan and Wielkopolska region for many years. Nowy Rynek will be our third developer project developed on this market and one of our most interesting projects in Poland – adds Łukasz Kaleciński, Regional Director at Skanska’s office unit.
Markets in Poznan
This urban project, a comprehensive concept of land management, was designed by JEMS Architekci architectural studio. The concept reflects the history of Poznan at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries when the city underwent a rapid expansion.
The development space will amount to over 100,000 sqm in total. The area will include five buildings that will provide different functions and will ultimately contribute to the creation of a new urban market. Skanska has invited the best architectural studios in Poland to design the next phases of the development. The project's first building was designed by the Wroclaw-based Maćków Pracownia Projektowa architectural studio.
Nowy Rynek will be developed in compliance with the highest standards of sustainable building. The first phase of the project will apply for an “Object without Barriers” certificate. This means that it will be adjusted to the needs of people with disabilities, parents with children, seniors and people who cannot speak Polish.
Nowy Rynek – key facts and numbers:
- Total leasable space: over 100,000 sqm
- Leasable space of phase I: 25,000 sqm
- Scheduled delivery to market of phase I: Q2 2019
- First building of phase I will be located on the crossroads of Matyi and Przemyslowa Streets
- Phase I of the complex will provide 265 parking places
- First building of phase I will have 6 floors above ground
- Certification: LEED Gold
- General contractor for the building: Skanska S.A.
- Author of the architectural design of the first phase of the investment: Maćków Pracownia Projektowa.