Skanska has commenced construction on the last phase of Silesia Business Park investment. The fourth building of this unique office complex in the Upper Silesia region will offer over 12,000 sqm of space. The completion of the last piece of the “Tiramisu” is scheduled for Q3/Q4 2018.
The Silesia Business Park office project is an example of the economic transformation of Katowice, which has changed from a post-industrial city into one of the biggest centers for the business services sector in Poland.
- The office space at Silesia Business Park attracts international companies from the services, consulting and IT sectors, which are willing to develop their business in Katowice. An increasing number of companies associate their future business with the city and show that Katowice can offer young people attractive employment and a good quality of life – comments Mariusz Krzak, Regional Director at Skanska Property Poland.
Silesia Business Park, is a well-known landmark of Katowice. It has been dubbed the “Tiramisu” by the city’s inhabitants due to the similarity of the façades to the well-known dessert. The area between the buildings of the complex includes a docking station for the ever popular City By Bike urban bicycle scheme. This is a great amenity for people who commute to Katowice by train – they can rent a bicycle at the railway station and get to Silesia Business Park in just ten minutes. Besides standard advantages, the “Tiramisu” also offers employees a medical center, an outdoor gym and a kindergarten which will open in September.
Silesia Business Park – key facts and numbers:
Ultimately, the complex will consist of four twin-like office buildings.
- Leasable space of each building will be approx. 12,000 sqm.
- Phase IV of the complex (building D) will provide 12 floors above ground and a 2-floor parking lot.
- Completion of construction works on building D – Q3/Q4 2018
- The height of each building from garage level is 52 m.
- Each building of the complex will undergo LEED Gold certification.
- In October 2015, both building A and B of Silesia Business Park were sold to a fund managed by Swedish investor Niam.
- The architectural project was developed by the medusa group architectural studio.
- The general contractor for the building is Skanska S.A.