Skanska has sold the Nowa Fabryczna office building in Lodz to the Niam fund. This is the third time that the Swedish investor has selected a Skanska office project in Poland. Nowa Fabryczna was officially opened in October 2017 and immediately attracted a number of prestigious global players such as the Polish branch of Cybercom, a Whirlpool financial center, a McCormick EMEA Shared Services Center and a Fujitsu service center.
Nowa Fabryczna is the first investment of two to be delivered to market by Skanska Property Poland for the Nowe Centrum Lodzi (NCL) complex. Both investments will be in the immediate vicinity of Lodz Fabryczna Train Station, the third largest railway station in Europe. The office building provides 21,500 sqm of state-of-the-art office space that can accommodate up to 2,500 specialists.
- Nowa Fabryczna has quickly gained recognition among large international companies which - just as Skanska is - are aware of the great potential of both Lodz and the newly-developed city center. We have been followed by other developers with the result that NCL, after the completion of the Lodz Fabryczna train station, will be one of the largest construction sites in Poland. This place will be a vibrant location - says Arkadiusz Rudzki, Managing Director at Skanska’s office unit in Poland. - We were delighted to sell the project to our long-term partner, which is a highly experienced fund in this sector. This both confirms the high quality of our projects and clearly illustrates the fact that investors are very bullish about Lodz’s prospects - adds Arkadiusz Rudzki.
Nowa Fabryczna is the seventh successive building developed by Skanska (realized in three office projects), to become part of Niam's portfolio. Lodz is now the third Polish regional city to be targeted by the foreign investor. Previously, the fund has purchased from Skanska a portfolio of office buildings developed in the south of Poland: Axis and Kapelanka 42 in Krakow and two buildings of the Silesia Business Park in Katowice as well as two buildings in the High5ive complex in Krakow at the end of 2017.
- We are happy to acquire another high-quality office building in an attractive and growing location in Lodz’s new city center. We are confident that this building will complement our fund’s portfolio with strong cash flows and risk-adjusted returns - adds Fredrik Jonsson, Niam CEO.
Employees working in Nowa Fabryczna have at their disposal a spacious, green patio with cascade stairs, which may serve as an outdoor cinema during the summer. The modern office space is complemented by a balcony and green terraces accessible from the building’s top floors as well as a well-developed infrastructure for cyclists - a bike park, locker rooms and shower cubicles. In addition to the LEED Gold certificate, the building will also be recognized as an "Building without Barriers" project. This confirms that the office project is adapted to the needs of people with disabilities, young parents and senior citizens.
In June 2017, Skanska launched the construction of Brama Miasta - its second office project in the NCL area. Skanska’s first Lodz-based office project was Green Horizon.
Nowa Fabryczna – key facts and numbers:
- The project will offer 21,500 sqm of leasable space.
- The office building consists of seven floors above ground and two below, with 210 parking spaces for tenants.
- The project will be LEED Gold certified.
- The architectural project was designed by the medusa group studio.
- General contractor for the building is Skanska S.A
- Delivered to market in Q3 2017.