Skanska has begun construction of its seventh and, to date, largest project in Wrocław. The Centrum Południe complex will consist of five buildings with a total area of approximately 85,000 sqm. The first-phase with a total leasable area of around 26,000 sqm will consist of two buildings and offer tenants approx. 26,000 sqm modern space. At the same time, as much as a quarter of the plot will be designed as a communal space for relaxation and recreation, as well as for events such as art exhibitions.
This new Skanska office complex in Poland is being built at the crossroads of Powstańców Śląskich and Szczęśliwa streets and will be located along one of the city’s major arterial routes.
The investment is only a 15-minute walk away from Wrocław’s Old Town, a 10-minute walk from the city’s main railway station and bus terminal, as well as being in close proximity to academic institutions and residential areas.
- Centrum Południe is Skanska’s seventh office project in Wrocław. We are currently also implementing the Nowy Targ project, whose construction will be completed in the second half of 2019. Why have we invested and continue to invest in Wrocław? At Skanska, we believe in regional cities and that is why we are active in six locations outside the capital. Wrocław is the third largest office market in Poland after Warsaw and Krakow, and in fact, was the first Polish regional market we invested in - says Mariusz Krzak, regional director of Skanska Property Poland.
In the first stage of the Centrum Południe complex’s construction, two buildings will be completed that will offer tenants approx. 26,000 sqm attractive office space. The first will have fifteen stories, while the second will have six. The two buildings will be connected by an internal passage, where a relaxation zone and a fountain will be located. They will also share a two-level underground parking lot which will be equipped with electric car charging points. In order to facilitate the use of the building and its facilities, Skanska's very own solution, the Connected by Skanska application will be implemented in the Centrum Południe project. It allows, for example, entry to the car park without a traditional plastic card, access to a building via a telephone and integrating the complex’s communal services such as carpooling. The continuous development of the Connected by Skanska function gives us the opportunity to offer more innovative solutions that the market is currently looking for.
-When creating an office building, we not only think about people who will work there, but also about the local community. So, before we embark on a project, we conduct consultations with residents to know what their needs are - emphasizes Mariusz Krzak.
The Centrum Południe complex is designed in accordance with the highest standards of sustainable construction. It will be the first building in Wroclaw, to receive WELL certification. Skanska also plans to apply for an LEED Platinum certificate. The project will also apply for a "Building without Barriers" certificate. It means that it will be adapted to the needs of people with disabilities, parents with children, seniors and people who do not speak Polish.
Centrum Południe - key facts and figures:
- The project will consist of five buildings with a total leasable area: approx. 85,000 sqm GLA
- The first two buildings will offer tenants approx. 26,000 sqm modern office space
- Construction of the first phase began in July 2018 and is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2020.
- Skanska S.A. is the general contractor of the complex.
- APA Wojciechowski studio is the architect of first stage of the investment.
- Skanska Property Poland is responsible for its commercialization.