Skanska has begun construction of the third, and tallest stage of the Generation Park complex. The building, reaching 140-meter high is located by the Daszyński Roundabout, will provide 47,000 sqm of office space, including six sky office spaces - unique for the Warsaw market. The building will be certified in the WELL and LEED systems and a green terrace will be created at the top of the it.
Generation Park Y, the project's third as well as tallest building will be the crowning achievement of this Skanska complex. It will have 38 floors above-ground with a four-storey underground car park. It will provide almost 47,000 sqm of office space, 323 parking plots for cars and 185 places for bicycles. Tenants will have six sky-office spaces located on different floors (with double the average floor height), giving the opportunity to create unique spaces with an exceptional view of Warsaw.
Another distinguishing feature will be a green terrace on the building's 35th floor, which will be 127 meters above street level, and will offer a magnificent view of Warsaw's city center. The office building's opening is planned for the first quarter of 2021.
- Generation Park Y is our first high-rise office building in Poland. We are planning more as we speak, such as Spark A, and Warsaw One, at the ONZ Roundabout. Skanska has extensive experience in the construction of high-rise buildings including such London icons as the 180-meter Gherkin Tower and the 230-meter Salesforce Tower (formerly Heron Tower). Our experience is of course invaluable when implementing similar projects in Poland. Thanks to the international employee exchange program, in Skanska we can draw on the extensive knowledge of our teams from around the world. We meet with our international colleagues to discuss and analyze how to replicate good practices in order to attain the highest quality and to eliminate risks. We want our employees from project teams to visit and learn from current international projects such as 2 + U in Seattle or Scalpel in London. The company's global scale, our self-funding of projects coupled with the exchange of knowledge, guarantee the high standard that Skanska is well-known for - says Arkadiusz Rudzki, Managing Director at Skanska Poland's office unit.
- Generation Park has been designed for people and their everyday needs. We have invested in a bicycle path and other amenities for cyclists. Dozens of different types of plants and a dozen species of trees have been planted around the project's buildings, creating a calm green oasis in the city center. The use of green air-cleansing concrete and beehives that provide shelter for urban bees illustrates Skanska's commitment to sustainable construction that benefits people - says Krzysztof Wilczek, Region's Director in the Skanska office company.
Generation Park Y, as well as the other two buildings of the complex, will receive LEED Platinum certification. The building will also receive WELL, and „Building without barriers" certificates, which guarantee the wellbeing of people working in the building as well as its accessibility for both employees and visitors. The WELL Building Standard® is a certification system that has been developed by IWBI ™ (International WELL Building Institute ™). As part of the certification, seven categories are monitored and evaluated: air, water, nutrition, light, physical condition, comfort and mind. In total, the Institute takes into account 102 features of each building and work space. Adaptation to certificates in practice means using materials that do not have a detrimental impact on health, the use of recyclable materials, 30% more fresh air, energy-efficient LED lighting that adjusts to the time of day and type of activities performed, architecture adapted for people with varying degrees of fitness, as well as systems that use water efficiently.
The architectural design of the building was prepared by the JEMS Architekci studio from Warsaw.
- The Generation Park project is actually a development of the city quarter with Towarowa, Prosta, Wronia and Łucka Streets bordering the area. The "Nowa Towarowa" architectural workshops were organized during the preparation and implementation of the project. The concept for a new vision for the street, which is to transform Towarowa into a city boulevard, is very much connected with our project - says Marcin Citko from the "JEMS Architekci studio”.
- From the beginning, while formulating the assumptions of the Generation Park project, we paid a lot of attention to the issues regarding the quality of public space: the creation of a city square, a pedestrian passage that will allow you to walk from the Daszyńskiego Roundabout towards Grzybowska Street. As part of the city "familiarizing" itself with the project, we have managed to transform a disused plot of land into a city square, where you can stop off for a cup of coffee and relax under the shade provided by newly planted trees. We believe that the atmosphere created by this area will also be part of the buildings being constructed here - says Paweł Majkusiak from the ”JEMS Architekci studio”.
An innovative building operating system, Connected by Skanska, will be available in the office building, allowing for the integration of various functions in one mobile application and on the www platform. Thanks to this, the tenants' employees will be able to navigate the Generation Park Y building by using cell phones rather than traditional access cards, and the intelligent activity based parking system which manages the allocation of parking spaces.
The Generation Park complex is Skanska's largest investment in Warsaw, which in total will offer 84,000 sqm of modern office space.
Generation Park Y - key facts and figures:
- Total leasable area of the complex: 84,000 sqm
- Total rental area of the Y building: 47,000 sqm
- Number of floors: 37 above ground and 4 below
- Number of parking spaces: 323 + 185 for bicycles
- Completion of construction: Q1 2021
- Certificates: LEED Platinum, WELL, "Building without Barriers"
- Municipal beehives on the complex's three roofs
- Biodiversity in green architecture
- The general contractor of the building: Skanska S.A
- Architectural project: JEMS Architekci