Skanska has started construction work on the second Brama Miasta building which will provide more than 13,000 sqm of modern office space. The complex will be the only project in Nowe Centrum Łodzi (eng. New Center of Lodz, NCŁ) available to tenants in 2019 (first building) and 2020 (second building). An open square, street furniture, cafes, restaurants and a coworking zone will create a lively, multifunctional space that will revive the NCŁ.
Brama Miasta is a complex consisting of two 15-storey buildings. The first will be finished by mid-2019 and the second in 2020. Both buildings will provide over 41 400 sqm GLA of modern office space which will be able to accommodate up to 5000 employees. The corten steel and glass facade, and brick patio will add to the building’s unique character, aesthetically linking it with the industrial tradition of the city.
Attractive location and quick access
– Brama Miasta is our third investment in Lodz and the second to be an essential element of the constantly growing Nowe Centrum Łodzi. A well-developed public transport service which allows easy access to the building by tram, bus or train, even from outside of Lodz, is an important advantage of this part of the city. Convenient location and the solutions implemented in our investment make it easy to reach Brama Miasta by bicycle, scooter, electric car or via car sharing. Brama Miasta will be easily accessible to everyone - says Krzysztof Wilczek, Regional Director at Skanska office unit in Poland.
Brama Miasta will connect the lively Piotrowska Street with NCŁ and Łódź Fabryczna station. The investment is also close to Traugutt Woonerf. Direct access to the new railway station, as well as buses and trams, will allow future employees to easily reach the office building. The project also includes facilities for those who use other means of transportation. The complex will provide charging stations for electric cars and a total of 205 places for cyclists, with comfortable changing rooms.
A modern office building without barriers
Brama Miasta is the first complex in Lodz with the Connected by Skanska system which integrates the management of various building functions. The system allows to move around the office building without the need to use traditional access cards. It also allows to prepare a virtual invitation for guests.
Innovative solutions used in the complex, such as the activity-based parking system, which recognizes license plates and allocates available parking spaces, will create a friendly environment for everyday work. It will also be possible to use Connected Fit-out, a system that allows users to reserve rooms or control temperature and lighting using a mobile application. At the same time, Brama Miasta will be fully adapted to the needs of people with disabilities, parents with children and seniors.
A lively space
Between the buildings of Brama Miasta, an open square will be created for everyone to enjoy, enabling the organization of cultural events such as outdoor movies or exhibitions. An atmospheric patio, green spaces, street furniture as well as numerous cafes and restaurants will make Brama Miasta a perfect place for business and social meetings. It will be used by the residents of Lodz, tourists and employees of NCŁ.
Once Brama Miasta is complete, Skanska office buildings in Lodz will accommodate a total of over 10,000 specialists. Numerous multinational corporations such as Infosys, Cybercom, Fujitsu and Whirlpool have chosen Skanska offices in Lodz.
Brama Miasta – key facts and numbers
- Leasable space of Phase II: 13 600 sqm GLA
- Scheduled deliverance of Phase II to market: Q2 2020
- Total leasable space in the complex: 41 400 sqm GLA
- Leasable space of Phase I: 27 800 sqm GLA
- Scheduled deliverance of Phase I to market: Q2 2019
- The whole complex will provide 231 parking places
- Certification: LEED Gold, Building without Barriers
- General contractor: Skanska S.A.
- Author of the architectural design: medusa group