The revitalization of space, office projects both completed and under construction confirm the dynamic development of Nowe Centrum Łodzi (eng. New Center of Lodz), which is to become the business and cultural center of the city. One of the first companies that leased office space in the Brama Miasta is Deloitte, global consulting company that will move into the first building in 2019. Colliers International advised Deloitte in the lease transaction.
The dynamic development of Lodz is exemplified by new distribution centers, factories, office buildings and urban investment projects. The New Center of Lodz, also thanks to the involvement of international companies that want to develop here, will be even more attractive for business, residents and visitors who use the Łódź Fabryczna station.
– Brama Miasta becomes more and more integrated into the landscape of Lodz and is becoming a characteristic point on the city map - it welcomes travelers arriving at Łódź Fabryczna station and indicates the location of the station to those heading for a train or a long-distance coach. The project is a symbol of changes in the New Center of Lodz, even more visible as it has just uncovered its façade. The New Center project does not slow down, developers announce further projects, the city develops the offer of EC1 center, within the framework of the revitalisation programme we renovate tenement houses, modernise streets and parks, and the railway will start digging a tunnel in summer, interconnecting not only Kaliska and Fabryczna stations, but also eastern with western Poland, and further also with European capitals. The New Center of Lodz is not only one of the best locations in Lodz, soon it will also be the best location in the country – Hanna Zdanowska, Mayor of Lodz.
First tenants in Brama Miasta
Brama Miasta is a complex consisting of two 13-storey buildings, which together will provide almost 44,000 sqm. GLA of modern office space. Up to 5,000 employees will be able to work there. The complex will be the only project in the New Center of Lodz available to tenants in 2019 (1st building) and 2020 (2nd building). The Brama Miasta office building, a key office project in New Center of Lodz, was chosen by Deloitte as the new seat for the team providing audit and tax advisory services.
– Lodz has a special meaning to us. We’ve had our office here for over twenty years. Deloitte has co-authored the New Center of Lodz program, one of the most innovative and comprehensive urban development programs. So, it gives us great pleasure to watch the style and pace of changes here in Lodz. We’re happy to see the impact these changes have on us and our clients. Quality is one of our top concerns, that’s why we have decided to move to Brama Miasta. Naturally, having an office in the city center is a matter of prestige, but it also makes it more accessible to clients and employees – says Piotr Świętochowski, Deloitte’s Audit & Assurance Partner.
Innovative and well-connected Brama Miasta
– We hope that the New Center of Lodz will become another place in Poland associated with Skanska’s office investment projects - this is how it is in Warsaw at Jana Pawła II Ave. and in Bliska Wola or in Wroclaw in the area of Dominikański Square. Nowa Fabryczna, and now Brama Miasta, are projects that will have a positive impact on the surroundings of Łódź Fabryczna station – we are glad that they are being settled by companies which are important local employers - said Krzysztof Wilczek, Regional Director at Skanska office unit in Poland.
– The location of Brama Miasta is unique, as it gives the opportunity to reach the New Center of Lodz by various means of transport, and the Łódź Fabryczna station is very well connected with other cities. Brama Miasta is the first project in Lodz with the Connected by Skanska operating system, which helps to operate and manage the building and office space using the latest technologies. Soon Deloitte employees will be able to move around the building and parking without the need to use a traditional access card and invite guests to a friendly and comfortable office through a virtual reception desk – said Agnieszka Krawczyk-Rogowska, Regional Leasing Director at Skanska office unit in Poland.
- The office selection process lasted several months. The result is the selection of technically brilliant and functional building in the prestigious location of Lodz. These are ideal conditions for the further development of the company - adds Marcin Włodarczyk, Director of the Colliers office in Lodz.
Brama Miasta will provide infrastructure for alternative means of transport: charging stations for electric cars and 205 places for cyclists with changing rooms with showers.
Brama Miasta - key facts and figures
- Lease area of the first stage: 29,400 sqm. GLA.
- Completion of Stage I - Q2 2019.
- Lease area of the second stage: 14,400 sqm. GLA.
- Completion of the second stage of construction: Q2 2020.
- Total leasable area of the complex: 43,800 sqm. GLA.
- The whole complex will provide 230 parking spaces.
- Certification: LEED Gold, Building without barriers
- General Contractor: Skanska S.A.
- Author of architectural design: medusa group.