Generation Park Y, the greenest skyscraper in Warsaw, located at the Daszyńskiego roundabout, and at the same time Skanska's highest office project in the CEE region, reached the target height of 140 metres. Anti-smog concrete, a lobby wall covered with greenery, a green terrace on the 35th floor and beehives on the roof - these are just some of the features of the project implemented by Skanska. The office building will also apply for a demanding certificate issued for office spaces – the WELL Core & Shell certificate.
Generation Park is a complex of three buildings implemented by Skanska, which is being built at the Daszyńskiego roundabout - an area that is rapidly becoming the new business hub of Warsaw. They are marked X, Y, Z, which refers to successive generations. The latest one - the Y building, is also the highest in the whole complex. The tower has 37 above-ground floors and 4 underground floors, in which there will be parking lots with 325 parking spaces, each equipped with sockets for charging electric cars and 187 places for bicycles.
The office building has just reached its target height of 140 metres, which means that the construction works on the tower have been completed. The commissioning of the building and the functional space that completely transforms the street quarter is planned for the Q1 2021.
The first such green skyscraper
Generation Park Y is the first Skanska skyscraper in Poland and at the same time the first office project with such a strong emphasis on sustainable solutions. The carefully managed green space between the buildings and a tree-lined square in front of the complex will create a friendly atmosphere in the city centre. The project also incorporates "green concrete" to clean the air of smog and car exhaust fumes.
– An important unique feature of the building will certainly be the lively green wall measuring 330 sqm, which will attract the attention of everyone entering the building. Thanks to the glass facade, the wall can also be admired from the outside. On the 35th floor, at a height of 127 metres above street level, there will be a green terrace overlooking the city centre of Warsaw, which will be a great place to hold meetings, company events and sporting activities such as yoga or fitness trainings. On the roof there will be beehives providing shelter to urban bees – says Rafał Stoparczyk, Project Director at Skanska office unit – With the completion of the project, we will also launch a new space between the Generation Park office buildings, in which you will be able to sit and work, or relax, drink coffee and eat something – adds Rafał Stoparczyk.
Generation Park Y is being built in accordance with the guidelines of the most demanding environmental certificates. After completing the works, the building will apply for Platinum LEED, Building without Barriers, as well as WELL Core & Shell certificates, which inspect over 100 features of the building in relation to their impact on people's health and physical and mental wellbeing.
Tenants of the Y building will have six, double of height, sky-office spaces at their disposal. They provide an opportunity to create a space with a unique view of Warsaw. The office building will also be fitted with "double deck" lifts, which means the use of two lift cabins in one shaft. This is the optimal solution for tall office buildings, which allows you to improve vertical communication.
The Connected by Skanska operating system will also be available in the office building, which will make it easier for users to perform their daily duties. Mobile access will allow you to opt out of traditional access cards and generate virtual guest passes. In turn, the intelligent parking system will show the availability of spaces, recognise license plates and allocate spaces to vehicles.
Video material about Generation Park Y: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOJywUpdOBg
Generation Park Y – key facts and figures:
- Total leasable area of the complex: 88,000 sqm GLA
- Total leasable area of the Y building: 47,000 sqm GLA
- Number of floors: 37 overground and 4 underground
- Number of parking spaces: 325 + 187 for bicycles
- Completion of construction: Q1 2021.
- Certificates: Platinum LEED, WELL, "Building without Barriers"
- Architectural design: JEMS Architekci
- General contractor of the building: Skanska S.A.