Wave, an office building under construction by Skanska in Gdansk, last week has been granted approval for use. It offers nearly 25,000 sqm of innovative and sustainable office space. Wave will be the first office building in the Tri-City to apply for the demanding WELL certificate.
According to the latest estimates, the Tri-City will gain nearly 146,000 sqm of additional office space by the end of 2022. One of the projects that will contribute to this growth is the Wave office building currently under construction by Skanska, located at the main thoroughfare of the Tri-City, Aleja Grunwaldzka. The construction of the first building of the project, offering nearly 25,000 sqm of modern space located on 14 floors, has been compleated last Friday.
– Wave is located in Oliwa, which for several years now has been a rapidly developing business hub of Gdansk. Very good transport connections, innovative technical solutions and, above all, top quality sustainable office space guaranteeing a healthy work environment, are the main advantages of our first office building in the Tri-City – says Eliza Jamrozik, Leasing Negotiator at Skanska office unit.
Wave proves that modern office architecture can allude to the history of the city in which it is built. Architects from the medusa group who designed Wave were inspired by the rhythmic composition of the port container warehouses. In turn, the public space between the buildings alludes to the Baltic coastal landscape, where the shapes of dunes and sea waves are in harmony.
Wave is the first office building in the Tri-City to apply for an extremely demanding certificate - WELL Core&Shell. This means that the offices in Wave meet the strictest guidelines and provide a healthy and sustainable workplace. WELL places great emphasis on proper ventilation and air filtration inside the rooms, maintaining proper humidity and ensuring thermal comfort.
Skanska project includes pavement made of green concrete with photocatalytic properties. The sun's rays reflecting on its surface are helping in reducing the amount of harmful compounds in the city air that are formed by exhaust gases emitted by cars.
The building is also equipped with the Connected by Skanska system, which allows contactless movement throughout the building, particularly important in the context of current and future epidemiological threats.
Wave – key facts and figures:
- One of the two buildings of the complex is already completed
- Leasable space of the Wave first stage: approx. 24,700 sqm GLA, the entire complex: approx. 48,000 sqm GLA
- Number of above-ground/underground floors: 14/2
- The building will apply for WELL, LEED and Building Without Barriers certificates
- Additional benefits for tenants: Connected by Skanska
- General contractor of the building: Skanska S.A.
- Exclusive commercialisation agent: CBRE
- Author of the architectural design: medusa group