AmRest, one of the leading listed restaurant companies in Europe (in Poland it manages KFC, Pizza Hut, Burger King and Starbucks brands), is changing its headquarters after many years. In the new Skanska building, the company leases around 7,000 sqm. The Centrum Południe complex is the first office project in Wroclaw to apply for the prestigious WELL certificate.
– After 11 years, AmRest is moving its Wroclaw headquarters. The modern and spacious office in Centrum Południe perfectly meets our needs. We are also pleased with the great location that makes it easy to get to the office from other parts of the city, both by car and by public transport. An additional advantage is the building’s proximity to the train station and the airport – says Izabela Winsztal, PR manager at AmRest.
– It is not the first time that we have had the pleasure to design a new office space for AmRest. Based on our previous experience, we have created an attractive space, both in terms of technological solutions and the quality of the working environment, which includes the use of terraces on the 6th floor of the building. The technologies used in the building, such as being implemented Connected by Skanska system or building ventilation solutions, help keep our employees healthy – says Aleksandra Kalina, Lease Negotiator at Skanska office unit, responsible for Centrum Południe. – It was also very important for us to create attractive service areas and friendly spaces around the building, that’s why 25% of the plot area has been arranged as public green area– adds Aleksandra Kalina.
Centrum Południe will be the most technologically advanced Skanska building in Wroclaw, where a lot of emphasis has been placed on green solutions, such as reusing gray and rain water. In order to ensure the highest level of employee comfort at the highest level, the building has been designed so that 95% of the area is lit with daylight.
The building currently being constructed by Skanska is the first stage of the office complex. The project was designed to ensure that the surroundings of the office building provided a common space for relaxation and recreation. Office users and local residents will be able to take advantage of amenities, such as a cafe, relax by the fountain, and enjoy the charms of small architecture, art and green areas.
Centrum Południe is the first office building in Wroclaw that will apply for the WELL certificate, awarded by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). It is a certification system that measures the quality of office space and verifies more than 100 features of a building, taking into account its impact on the physical and mental well-being of people.
The complex will be equipped with the Connected by Skanska operating system, which integrates the management of various functions of the building through a mobile application, and enables contactless navigation, which is particularly important in the situation of the current and future epidemiological threats. Inside the building you will not need to use traditional access cards, and entering the garage will be possible through license plate readers, while guests can visit the office without having to sign in at the reception. The system also facilitates contact between the tenants and the building manager and makes it easier to inform employees about the current activities of service and retail tenants.
Centrum Południe – Key facts and figures:
• The project will consist of 5 buildings with a total leasable area of approx. 85,000 sq m GLA
• The construction of the first stage of the Centrum Południe complex began in the third quarter of 2018. Its completion is scheduled for the third quarter of 2020
• Two buildings in the first stage will offer tenants approx. 27,500 sq m of modern office space.
• The general contractor is Skanska S.A.
• APA Wojciechowski studio is responsible for the architectural design of the first and second stage of the complex.