The construction of the first stage of the Centrum Południe complex in Wroclaw has just been completed. The office buildings have received an occupancy permit, which means that first tenants will soon start moving into their new premises. Centrum Południe is the first investment in the capital of Lower Silesia utilizing green concrete. Along with the first phase, approx. 1380 sqm of anti-smog pavement will be laid, helping neutralize pollution emitted by cars. Centrum Południe is also the first office building in Wroclaw to receive the prestigious WELL certificate.
The first stage of Centrum Południe, which has just been commissioned, comprises two buildings offering 27,600 sqm of sustainable and modern office, retail and service space. Among the tenants there are a.o.: AmRest, sennder, CH Robinson, Synergy Codes, Timocom and Coventry University.
– Centrum Południe is our largest investment in Wroclaw with a target area of 85,000 sqm throughout five buildings. The first stage, consisting of two buildings, was completed on time despite difficulties related to Covid-19. In Centrum Południe, we have created innovative and attractive spaces, not only office and retail spaces, but also the area around the building, which fully meets the needs of our tenants. This ensured much interest in our investment, both on the part of tenants and investment funds – says Marek Stasieńko, Regional Leasing Director at Skanska Office Unit in Poland.
The first green concrete in Wroclaw...
Centrum Południe will be the first investment in Wroclaw with pavement made of green concrete. Skanska, together with project partners: Górażdże Cement, Institute of Geophysics PAN (Polish Academy of Sciences), Warsaw University of Technology, has successfully tested and applied it in Warsaw, Krakow and Gdansk. Thanks to the sun's rays, NOx particles from the air polluted with smog, which are hazardous to human health, are reduced on the pavement’s surface. Broken down into neutral nitrogen compounds, they seep into the soil along with rainwater. The anti-smog pavement, built next to the first stage of the project, will have in total 1380 sqm. This environmentally friendly solution will be continued during the completion of the next stages. Within a year, it will neutralize pollution produced by a diesel car that has driven over 26 000 km within the same time.
Solutions used in the office building will reduce water consumption by more than a half, and energy consumption – by a third. Having designed the buildings in accordance with the highest standards and based on the guidelines of environmental certificates, Centrum Południe provides tested, always clean air, as well as thermal and acoustic comfort confirmed by measurements.
– At Skanska, we attach great importance to environmental protection. This is why we have committed ourselves to reducing our carbon footprint by 50% over the next ten years. The use of green concrete and other environmentally friendly solutions is in line with these goals – says Anna Życińska-Wójcik, Project Director at Skanska Office Unit in Poland. – In Centrum Południe there will also be technologies enabling the reuse of gray and rainwater. Additionally, in order to ensure the best working conditions, the building was designed so that 95% of the area was lit by daylight, and its facade doesn’t heat up as much – adds Anna Życińska-Wójcik.
... and the first WELL in the capital of Lower Silesia
Centrum Południe is not only the first place in Wroclaw with an anti-smog pavement. It is also the first office building in the capital of Lower Silesia that will apply for the demanding WELL certificate awarded by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). It is a certification system that measures office space quality by assessing over 100 features of a building in terms of their impact on the health of its users.
The complex will also be equipped with the Connected by Skanska operating system. Thanks to that, employees can access the building using just their smartphones instead of traditional access cards, while the virtual reception desk will allow invited guests to enter without having to sign in at the main reception desk.
Link to the investment video: https://youtu.be/1lZC01BkwGg
Centrum Południe – Key facts and figures:
- The project will consist of 5 buildings with a total leasable area of approx. 85,000 sqm GLA
- The construction of the first stage of the Centrum Południe complex began in the third quarter of 2018. Its completion is scheduled for the third quarter of 2020
- Two buildings in the first stage will offer tenants 27,600 sqm of modern office space.
- The general contractor is Skanska S.A.
- APA Wojciechowski studio is responsible for the architectural design of the first and second stage of the complex.