At the beginning of the second quarter of 2021, Spaces from the IWG Group will launch its Tri-City’s first coworking office in Gdansk’s Wave office building, developed by the Skanska. The new tenant will operate on over 3,000 sqm of modern office space. JLL experts participated in the transaction process.
IWG, the world’s largest provider of flexible workspace operating in over 1,100 towns and cities in more than 120 countries is expanding the Spaces brand in Poland.Currently, the company provides its spaces in three major cities: Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow and expanding its portfolio to include Gdansk. Spaces will occupy the two top floors of the Tri-City’s Wave office building, where it will open at the beginning of the second quarter of 2021 its modern office space of over 3,000 sqm
– The opening of Spaces Gdansk further strengthens IWG’s leadership position in the coworking market in Poland and we are delighted to be working with Skanska and JLL on this centre. As more and more companies both big and small favour hybrid styles of work, we are anticipating further growth in market – said Patrik Olveback, IWG’s Country Manager for Poland.
– JLL's cooperation with IWG has been going on in Poland for years. Together, we conquer another market by opening a new Spaces office in the Tri-City. It will occupy the last two floors in the Wave A building, thus providing the users of the space with impressive views. This modern building realized by Skanska will surely provide original spaces with character, perfect for employees using flexible office spaces – adds Jarosław Kwiecień, Senior Consultant at the Tenant Representation Department, JLL.
– An undeniable advantage of Wave is its location - it is the city's business hub, with a very good transport connection, in the vicinity of the University of Gdansk. In addition, commuting to and from work is made easier by City Hub – the shared mobility hub that we’ve created. This will certainly help attract potential users to the coworking space of our new tenant. We are very pleased that the quality of our solutions convinced Spaces to work with us – says Agnieszka Krawczyk-Rogowska, Leasing Manager at Skanska Office Unit in Poland. – Wave is the first office development in Tri-City to obtain WELL certification and the solutions implemented in the building are ensuring safe use of office spaces. The building is also applying for a new WELL Health-Safety Rating certificate, awarded to office spaces with the highest safety parameters, reducing the risk of disease transmission, and enabling the creation of healthy and safe workplaces in connection with the ongoing pandemic – adds Agnieszka Krawczyk-Rogowska.
Ensuring user comfort
The Wave office building, which was approved for use in July 2020, has been designed with the comfort of its users in mind. The building is equipped with the original and innovative Connected by Skanska system that facilitates the daily operations of office users within the office space, as well as the process of building management.
Another premiere for a project in Tri-City is the a anti-smog concrete with photocatalytic properties, laid on the side of Grunwaldzka avenue. The solar rays hitting its surface are reducing harmful compounds in the air polluted by urban smog, created from exhaust fumes emitted by cars.
Another important topic for Skanska is supporting alternative forms of transport. In response to the constantly growing traffic and problems related to air pollution, the developer together with partners created the City Hub - the first shared mobility hub in the Tri-City. It is a dedicated space where anyone can rent electric scooters from Hop.City, scooters from the Bolt application or Traficar vehicles. There will also be a Si.City charging station for electric skateboards and scooters, which, in addition to the charging function, will protect the equipment against theft.
Wave – key facts and figures:
- Total planned leasable space of the first stage of the Wave building: approx. 24,800 sqm GLA, the entire complex: approx. 48,000 sqm
- Number of above-ground/underground floors: 14/2
- Certificates: LEED, WELL, Building Without Barriers
- Additional benefits for tenants: Connected by Skanska
- General contractor of the building: Skanska S.A.
- Leasing agent: CBRE
- Author of the architectural design: medusa group Silesian studio