Wave, the Gdansk-based office building constructed by Skanska, is going to welcome a new tenant in 2021 – LEO Pharma. The offices of this international pharmaceutical company will cover a total surface area of 1,500 square meters. Ecological solutions and space developed in accordance with the guidelines of LEED and WELL certificates will welcome all new employees of LEO Pharma. The company is going to hire 100 new employees by the end of 2022.
LEO Pharma is a leader in medical dermatology with a robust R&D pipeline, a wide range of therapies, and a pioneering spirit. Founded in 1908, the company has devoted decades of research and development to advance dermatology, setting new standards of care for people with skin conditions. LEO Pharma is headquartered in Denmark with a global team of 6,000 people, serving 92 million patients in 130 countries. In the first quarter of 2021, the company is going to establish its Gdansk-based office in the Wave building. In the lease process, the company was advised by specialists from CBRE.
LEO Pharma will occupy 1,500 sqm of office space – with an impressive view from the 10th floor. The tenant will launch a global business services center in Wave. It will initially deal with the global supply and procurement chain. This year, it is planned to expand the center's operations to include financial and HR departments. The company wants to build a new team including 75 specialists. By the end of 2022, it also plans to expand the team to 100 employees.
– We are very glad that it was the Wave building that was chosen by LEO Pharma for its head office in Gdansk. The offices are not less important – it is just their purpose that changes. An office will be a place for team-building as well as part of the organizational culture – says Eliza Jamrozik, Lease Negotiator at Skanska office unit. – In our buildings, we focus on the comfort and well-being of future users. This fosters creativity, and the implemented technological solutions and ecological certificates will allow for safe and comfortable use of office space – adds Eliza Jamrozik.
– We chose the TriCity because of its great access to talent, impressive infrastructure, and modern office facilities. With regard to facilities, Skanska Wave was the right fit for us, with a modern approach to office environment and sustainability that is in line with our company heritage. The lay-out and flexibility of utilization in the office will cater well for our new teams and thoughts of team-work and collaboration. In the process of finding the right place for LEO Pharma we have experienced a great level of support by CBRE and a very professional approach with Skanska to meet our ambitious timelines – says Klaas Venborg, Vice President, Global Business Service Center at LEO Pharma.
– It was great to advise LEO Pharma. The TriCity labor market will have a very stable and well-known investor from the sector that is of great value these days. This is important due to the company's long-term plans and the conditions it will create for its employees. Gdansk is an absolute leader on a national scale in attracting Scandinavian investors. From the very beginning, LEO Pharma has been looking for some characteristic features on the TriCity market. The advanced technology of the building and its eco-friendly character confirmed by WELL certificate was key for the choice of the company's office – says Mariusz Wiśniewski, Director Advisory & Transaction Services at CBRE Poland.
Green solutions and high quality
The building, realized in the business centre of Gdansk, stands out for its high level of user friendliness and care. To nurse about the comfort and encourage future employees in the building to choose alternative forms of transport, the Skanska office unit in cooperation with Traficar and Hop.City designed the City Hub. It is a special shared space where everyone can, for instance, rent an electric motor scooter, an e-scooter or a car. Next to the Wave office building, there is also an anti-smog pavement made from green concrete, which helps to reduce the level of harmful pollutants from car exhaust fumes.
The building is applying for two WELL certificates – Core & Shell Certification and HealthSafety Rating – which confirms the highest quality of office spaces and guarantees safety of the workplace. Recently, Wave has also received the Building without Barriers certificate, awarded to facilities adapted to the needs of people with disabilities, seniors and families with children.
Wave – key facts and figures:
- Total planned leasable space of the first stage of the Wave building: approx. 24,800 sqm GLA, the entire complex: approx. 48,000 sqm
- Number of above-ground/underground floors: 14/2
- Certificates: LEED, WELL, Building Without Barriers
- Additional benefits for tenants: Connected by Skanska
- General contractor of the building: Skanska S.A.
- Author of the architectural design: medusa group Silesian studio