Over 26,000 sqm – this is the area in the D building of the Nowy Rynek complex in Poznan to be leased by Allegro. The company will start moving into its new office in the second quarter of 2021. These modern office spaces developed by Skanska are the first investment in the capital city of Wielkopolska to apply for WELL Core&Shell certification, as well as the first facility in the city to have smog-eating pavements. The tenant was represented during the negotiation of the lease agreement by international real estate advisory firm Cresa.
Allegro is a Polish e-commerce company running the most popular shopping platform in Poland.
It has been operating for 21 years now and is constantly developing. It is also one of the largest businesses in this sector in Europe. Allegro made its debut on the Warsaw Stock Exchange in October 2020.
Nowy Rynek is a multi-phase project, which will ultimately consist of five buildings with different functionalities, and their total usable area will be 100,000 sqm. The current phase D will provide approximately 39,000 sqm of modern office space. Recently, the D building has reached the target height of 55 meters, and the construction works at this stage have been finished. The completion of the whole project is scheduled for the second quarter of 2021. Next, the process of lease space handover will begin, and the new tenant will ultimately occupy the area of over 26,000 sqm and 177 parking lots.
– The transaction with Allegro was the second-largest new lease agreement on the Polish market in 2020, just next to our transaction with the PZU Group. I am very pleased that Skanska's buildings continue to generate a great deal of interest, and are gradually being filled with new tenants. It is a confirmation that our strategy to work on the highest quality projects is right and it is also proof of the trust our client's place in us. Successes like this are very important to us, especially in the context of the current market reality that changes dynamically – says Arkadiusz Rudzki, Executive Vice President of Leasing & Sales at Skanska commercial development business unit in CEE.
– Nowy Rynek is an example of combining innovative solutions while preserving the tradition and character of its location. This Poznan investment also reflects our approach to creating futureproof, healthy, and fully safe office spaces. I am convinced that the employees and partners of our tenant will enjoy this place very much – adds Arkadiusz Rudzki.
Nowy Rynek itself will create a quarter of the city, which Poznan residents will be able to use in many ways, such as working in new office buildings or relaxing in cafés. The project will become an important element of the new district, enriching its urban profile. In other words, kind of a town market will be created here, and it will offer some friendly space for work, everyday life, and entertainment.
The market square located inside the complex will make Nowy Rynek stand out from the crowd. The investment will also include green islands, small architecture, and plants, making meetings and leisure much more pleasant.
Care for health and environment
When working on its investments, Skanska takes into account both the well-being of the users as well as the positive impact on the environment. The Nowy Rynek complex will include, for instance, a smog-eating pavement (almost 4,000 sqm) made of green, photocatalytic concrete that neutralizes air pollutants. Within a year, the pavement will purify the air of the equivalent of pollution emitted by diesel cars which traveled over 70,000 kilometers.
Building D is also implemented in line with the most demanding guidelines of the WELL certification – it is awarded to office spaces that are friendly to the health and well-being of the employees who work there. This is of great importance both in view of the ongoing pandemic as well as from the perspective of providing a better atmosphere and creating optimal working conditions in the office. The project will be the first office building in the region to receive this certification.
Nowy Rynek: key facts and figures
- Total usable area (in 5 buildings): over 100,000 sqm.
- The first building (B) provided approx. 25,000 sqm of office space; second building (A) - approx. 11 700 sqm; third building (D) will provide approx. 39,000 sqm.
- D building certifications: WELL, LEED Gold, Building without Barriers
- The general contractor of the complex: Skanska S.A