The construction of the Nowy Rynek complex in Poznan, designed by Skanska, is entering the next phase. The Swedish developer launches the construction of another building which is going to consist of approx. 28,500 sqm of modern and healthy office space. Its highest quality will be confirmed by the prestigious WELL Core&Shell certificate, for which it is applying. The commissioning is scheduled for Q2 2023.
Nowy Rynek, with its total usable area well beyond 100,000 sqm, will ultimately consist of five buildings serving different purposes. This investment is a great example of how to combine innovative solutions while preserving the tradition and character of the local area. Nowy Rynek will create a new quarter of the city, with its distinguishing feature – suggested in its Polish name – of the market inside the complex.
Now the work on its next-to-last stage starts. Building E will provide approx. 28,500 sqm of modern and healthy office space, confirmed by the strictest environmental certificates. Tenants will also have 234 parking spaces at their disposal. The commissioning is scheduled for Q2 2023.
– Despite the difficulties related to the coronavirus pandemic, at Skanska we consistently pursue the business goals we set for ourselves. The era of office buildings is not over – they will still be needed, and we remain focused on providing healthy, safe and sustainable spaces that enable team building, strengthen company culture and support creative ideas and concepts, which is of particular importance to our clients. This is what the tenants need and this is what potential investors look for – says Paweł Warda, Executive Vice President (EVP) Operations in Poland at Skanska office unit. – Nowy Rynek has already become an important point on the business map of Poznan. The completed project will provide the city and its residents completely new space, both for work and relaxation – adds Paweł Warda.
Central Market Square and a view of Poznan
Building E of the Nowy Rynek complex is located at the corner of Wierzbięcice and Matyi streets. The partially roofed terrace on the top floor, shielded by three storeys, will provide an excellent opportunity to admire the panorama of the capital of Greater Poland.
Upon this stage completion, employees and residents will be able to use the central market that will connect all the buildings of the complex. There will be green islands, a fountain, well thought-out small architecture, and plants to make the get-togethers and leisure more pleasant. The landscaping will also include pergolas.
Quality confirmed by the most important certificates
Building E of the Nowy Rynek complex, just like all new Skanska investments, has been constructed according to guidelines of the most rigorous environmental certificates. Apart from meeting the requirements of the LEED Core&Shell certification at the highest platinum level, the office building will also apply for WELL Core&Shell. This multi-criteria rating system for office space is focused on sustainable solutions and the needs of its future users.
The complex also includes the first in Poznan pavement made of green concrete designed to reduce smog levels. Next to the D building, nearly 4000 sqm of slabs were laid to neutralize the equivalent of pollution produced by a car that drives 70,000 kilometers in a year. Skanska will put another 4,200 sqm of anti-smog pavement at the latest stage of the investment.
Nowy Rynek: key facts and figures
- Total leasable are in building E: approx. 28,500 sqm, in a whole complex: over 100,000 sqm.
- Number of overground / underground storeys: 15/1
- Certificates that building E will apply for: LEED Core & Shell, WELL Core & Shell, Building without Barriers.
- General contractor: Skanska S.A
- Author of the architectural design of the E building: JEMS Architekci.