The Centrum Południe project carried out by Skanska in Wroclaw received an award in the Best Sustainable Design category during the CIJ Awards Poland 2020 competition. The office building fully reflects Skanska's strategy in the area of sustainable development. It is 100% powered by energy generated by a wind farm and also offers multiple solutions that significantly reduce its impact on the natural environment.
CIJ Awards Poland is a competition that has been organized for 19 years now to award and appreciate projects, transactions, companies and teams that stand out from the crowd. This year's edition of the contest aims to honor projects implemented and achievements gained in the period from November 2019 to October 2020. Nominations are evaluated on a multidisciplinary basis. The Centrum Południe project in Wroclaw competed with projects from all over Poland.
– The award in the category of the best sustainable project for Centrum Południe confirms that office buildings can create a good neighborhood. We are pleased that both the facility and the environmentally friendly solutions applied in it were appreciated by the jury of the competition. The entire complex is built in accordance with the most demanding certificates. It is our largest and most sustainable project in Wroclaw – says Anna Życińska-Wójcik, Project Director at Skanska office unit in Poland.
Centrum Południe is a multi-stage project that will ultimately offer 85,000 sqm of innovative office space together with shopping and service facilities. In August 2020, the first two buildings with total area of approx. 28,000 sqm were made available to tenants. The complex is the first one in Lower Silesia that fully complies with the guidelines of the demanding WELL Core&Shell certificate.
Project provides the tenants with many solutions that make their offices a friendlier place to work. Air purifying filters, adiabatic humidifiers and a ventilation system provide up to 30% more fresh air than required by the applicable standards for office spaces. The buildings make use of technologies that allow, for instance, for the reuse of gray water. In addition, the applied solutions will reduce water consumption, which will be lower by more than a half, and energy consumption – by one third. The complex is also 100% wind powered. A specially designed roof with sunlight reflectors will reduce the urban heat island effect. Additionally, during the first stage of the project, 1380 sqm pavement of green concrete was placed, which allows, to clean the air of pollution caused, inter alia, by car exhaust fumes.
Centrum Południe – Key facts and figures:
- The project will consist of 5 buildings with a total leasable area of approx. 85,000 sqm GLA
- The first stage offer tenants approx. 28,000 sqm of modern office space.
- Number of parking spaces: 313
- The general contractor is Skanska S.A.
- APA Wojciechowski studio is responsible for the architectural design of the first and second stage of the complex.