Over 21,000 sqm of innovative and sustainable office space located on 13 floors, terraces for tenants and a basketball court – this will be the second phase of the Centrum Południe office complex currently being developed by Skanska. Like the existing buildings, the new phase will apply for numerous certificates, including the WELL Core&Shell. Centrum Południe is also an excellent example of an environmentally-friendly office building.
Centrum Południe is a multi-stage investment that will ultimately offer 85,000 sqm of modern office space, as well as retail and service space. In August 2020, the first two buildings of the complex were commissioned, totaling 27,600 sqm. Now Skanska is starting work on the second phase of its largest project in Wroclaw.
Offices still needed
The second phase of the complex should be completed by the fourth quarter of 2022 and will provide 21,500 sqm of space of the highest standard. The office building will have 15 above-ground floors – including two technical ones – and two underground floors with 200 parking spaces. Underground work started earlier, and construction is expected to reach level 0 in August this year. The building will apply for numerous certificates: LEED Core&Shell Platinum, WELL Core&Shell, Building without Barriers, and the newest one – WELL Health-Safety Rating. The latter is awarded to office spaces with the highest safety parameters, reducing the risk of disease transmission and enabling the creation of healthy and safe workplaces. This is especially important in the context of the ongoing pandemic and the return of employees to offices.
According to the research carried out on behalf of Skanska, more than half of Poles would like to work from the office every day or at least 3-4 times a week. Additionally, 61 percent of respondents declare they feel safer in offices that have been awarded certificates – such as the WELL Health-Safety Rating.
– The commercial success of the first phase of Centrum Południe, as well as the unwavering interest of potential tenants only confirmed our belief that sustainable, competitive office space will continue to be important to companies – says Agnieszka Zawada-Biszczad, Project Manager at Skanska commercial development business unit in CEE. – Our largest office investment in Wroclaw is setting market standards. The second phase of the complex includes innovative offices, prestigious certificates, and terraces located on each floor, designed with tenants in mind. The advantage of Centrum Południe is also its land development, opening up the investment onto its surroundings – adds Agnieszka Zawada-Biszczad.
The center of green solutions
Centrum Południe offers tenants many solutions to make their offices a friendlier place to work. Filters, adiabatic humidifiers and a ventilation system provide up to 30% more fresh air than the norms for office spaces. The buildings contain technologies that allow, among others, for the reuse of gray and rainwater. LED lighting was used in public areas – thanks to which the complex consumes up to 1/3 less energy than the reference buildings.
The complex is 100% powered by electricity generated by wind farms. Recycled materials and those with low VOC emissions were used in the construction of the complex. In turn, the green areas around Centrum Południe are cultivated without the use of harmful pesticides and herbicides. In the second phase, the construction of green, anti-smog concrete pavements will also be continued.
The entire office in one place
Centrum Południe will be equipped with the Connected by Skanska platform. It is a unique solution designed to facilitate everyday functioning in the office. The system allows you to organize the entire working day from a smartphone. It combines functions such as parking, access control and a virtual reception, thanks to which guests can easily and quickly get to the meeting without wasting time registering at the main reception. The Connected by Skanska features not only improve the efficiency of work within the office space, but also help in the ongoing management of the risk related to the coronavirus pandemic.
One of the distinguishing features of Centrum Południe will also be terraces with an area of about 40 sq m, located on each floor. They will provide the opportunity to rest and relax with a view of the city.
The first phase of Centrum Południe was recognized as the best sustainable project in the 2020 CIJ Awards Poland competition.
Centrum Południe – key facts and figures:
- The project will consist of 5 buildings with a total leasable area of approx. 85,000 sqm GLA
- The second phase will offer tenants 21,500 sqm of modern office space.
- The number of underground parking spaces: 200
- The general contractor is Skanska S.A.
- APA Wojciechowski studio is responsible for the architectural design of the second stage of the complex.