Having closed the best year for its CEE office business, Skanska Commercial Development Europe received as many as seven CEE Real Estate Quality Awards and draws ambitious plans for the year ahead.
Since December 2012, Skanska Commercial Development Europe has sold four office properties in Poland with a combined leasing area of 85,000 sq m, for a total of EUR 300 million. Those included office buildings in the capital city of Warsaw, as well as in the regional hub of Wroclaw, a proof of investors’ growing interest in the CEE market combined with their confidence in the Skanska brand. At the end of 2013, Skanska CDE had 130,000 sq m of office space under construction in Poland, Czech Republic and Romania.
Throughout 2013, Skanska CDE consistently delivered on its sustainability agenda, receiving LEED certificates for 5 completed office schemes: Green Towers in Wroclaw, NORDEA HOUSE and Green Corner in Warsaw, Green Horizon in Lodz, Malta House in Poznan and Green House in Budapest.
The recognition came from some 30+ top CEE real estate experts on the jury of this year’s CEEQA and brought as many as seven awards to Skanska:
- Company of the Year 2014 for Skanska Commercial Development Europe
- Developer of the Year for Skanska Commercial Development Europe
- Construction Company of the Year for Skanska SA
- Industry Professional of the Year 2014 for Nicklas Lindberg, President of Skanska Commercial Development Europe
- Green Leadership Award 2014 for Skanska Commercial Development Europe – for the fourth subsequent year
- RealGreen Developer of the Year 2014 for Skanska Commercial Development Europe
- RealGreen Building of the Year 2014 for Malta House in Poznań
“We are happy to see market experts recognize Skanska’s achievements in the CEE office markets. We strive to do more than just develop office buildings. At Skanska we believe in green, but also in creating workplaces that offer inspiring and comfortable work environment where people can thrive. We want to contribute to the urban environment by designing space where people can work, meet and connect. This is the driving principle behind our office projects”, said Nicklas Lindberg, President of Skanska Commercial Development Europe.
Skanska CDE intends to expand its office project portfolio to a total of over 160,000 sq m under construction by the end of 2014. Currently the company has 5 office complexes at various stages of development in Wroclaw, Krakow, Katowice and Prague, with a total of above 100,000 sq m.