From January 2010 to January 2011 Skanska realized an extension of the Famur Factory in Katowice. Investment consist of two stages of works. In the first one we executed four production halls, production and social building, main switching station, gate house with an internal and external installations. Total area of all extended objects is more than 9 thousand square meters. Second stage of contract included execution of production hall with an area of almost 2,7 thousand square meters. In one hall we built foundation for break-in big electric motors used for example in mining.
Extension of the factory included also earth works, construction of foundations and foundations under the floor for the metal fabrication hall, tool room and warehouse. We completed an internal roads, parking, sidewalks and access roads to the national road.
An interesting element was the completing of entresol ceiling with an area of 370 square meters in the production hall. Very interesting was the way we used for sound insulation. We used acoustic and non – imflammable panels Poroso 2200 and Porfles.
Scope of works:
- earthworks and land grading, sidewalks, access roads to the national road
- piling for foundations
- monolithic foundations of concrete
- assembly of steel construction and reinforced concrete construction
- casing external walls
- roofing with trapezoidal metal sheet, mineral wool
- floor of reinforced concrete with the substructure
- delivery and installation of doors, windows, gates, skylights and smoke dampers
- acoustic insulation
Project in figures:
- usable area: 11,76 thousand square meters
- cubature: 155,86 thousand cubic meters